Skip to main content

The First Real Zombie?

Could he be the first real zombie?


The First Real Zombie?
Reported to be the new Al Qaeda leader, Ayman al-Zawahri, was also reported killed by a drone in 2008. He's not the guy with a kind of same name who was beheading people in Iraq. This guy above was one they showed on television as being killed in Afghanistan a few years back, Bin Laden's right hand man. Seems like a wag the dog scenario and they (the government) are forgetting who they say is dead and who isn't.
Either that or the guy came back from the dead, which would make him the first real zombie, making him eligible for the Book of World Records, if they can find him to kill him again. I figure maybe they can kill him ten or more times before it's over; just to keep our terror level at an all time high.

Mantyhose
Nylons for men? One company thinks so. I saw this Mantyhose story and thought this company is working daily to take man out of the word man. Mantyhose even sounds like a skin crawler: a praying mantis spraying stuff at you. But it's a scheme to make money, since everything is about money.
Ernest Brown, the executive artistic director for Fashion Week Cleveland, said he believes segments of men might wear them on the outside of their clothes within five years.
"Let's say fall shorts. Have the mantyhose underneath with a jacket, a double breasted jacket," Brown said.
I'm still traumatized over that image of a man with shorts and nylons and a double breasted jacket. And if the jacket has elbow pads, I'll know we've reached the 8th level of hell on earth.


Missing
The Ashley Judd show Missing will go missing this year as it has been canceled. I watched one episode of her as an FBI agent or whatever it was she did. She must weigh about 90 pounds in wet clothes, and she was knocking out 250 pound men with one sucker punch. That kind of false reality is hard to deal with on a regular basis.
Not only is this insane, it could be dangerous for women who actually think they can take a large man out with a punch to the jaw. That's why they have weight divisions in boxing and other sports. It's a thing called punching power and strength. I'm glad the show is gone. I've always liked Ashley Judd as an actress, but she stretched the line a bit too far with this one.

Wasted Taxpayer Money
or
Who Runs This Nuthouse?

The largest of the construction projects at the Baghdad Police College was recently abandoned, unfinished, after an expenditure of more than $100 million. The remaining police advisers will instead work out of the American Embassy compound, where they will have limited ability to interact with Iraqi police officials.
Last year, in preparation for the withdrawal of the military, the State Department planned a large expansion of its role. Yet, after doubling the size of the embassy staff to nearly 16,000 people, mostly contractors, the State Department quickly reversed course — because Iraqis didn't want us there — and is now cutting back from the slightly more than 12,000 people presently in Iraq. So, logic dictates that if omeone doesn't want you in their country, you pull back 1/4 of your people and force the other 3/4 on them. (Think about how much 12,000 people in Iraq cost the taxpayer. It's enough to make your head spin off your body.)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vietnam: The Liberty Bridge

(This entry has had a lot of comments, and I'm glad it can help bring Nam vets together or to help find each other. If you have a comment, please attach your name to the comment or from this point forward it won't be published. I've received many comments that are phony and obviously made up, submitted by anonymous submission. I do screen all comments. Click the photo to enlarge. Semper Fi.) This is the Liberty Bridge (click to make larger) in Quang Nam Province in Vietnam during July of 1968. Of the 14,000 Marines killed in Vietnam, 10,000 were killed in Quang Nam Province. (Figures in comment section show a little under 7000 KIA in Quang Nam.) This was late in my tour on July 2. The bridge had been blown once again by the enemy to isolate the Marine base at An Hoa. I was a 50 caliber machine gunner on a convoy to resupply the An Hoa Firebase. I called this the River Styx because it had a ferry boat. Once you crossed the river you entered a nightmare hell on earth cal

The Jesus Moth

Photo taken through a window screen. I had just gone over the first print copy of The Bad Season on July 22, 2006. I walked over to the window and saw this moth on my outside air conditioner unit. It was the most bizarre thing I had seen in a long time. I retrieved my digital camera and snapped a picture through the glass and the window screen before going outside in a failed to attempt to capture the moth. I contacted a moth expert. He told me what kind of moth it was, but added that he had never seen one with a cross on its back like this one. I call it the Jesus Moth, the Crusader Moth, or maybe the Infidel Moth. The syndicates wanted me to give it to them for free. They said they don't take pics from non-employees because "we would actually have to pay you for it."   Hmm, what a novel concept, getting paid for something. I offered to swap for a syndicated story about my book. They refused. So I copyrighted the entire pic (the one below is a fragment from that p

The Old Corps: Marine Corps Boot Camp 1966

BLT 1/3 USMC 1967 Vietnam Boot Camp Hell I recently saw a video of what I assume was the current Marine Corps Boot Camp. It mentioned recruits reporting any abuse right away and the DI was trying to be tough (and he did sound tough to an extent), but underneath it all you could tell the old Corps was gone in the civilian desire (political desire by people who never served) to make things easier and less traumatic for the boots. They never mentioned abuse to us in 1966 because we were abused 24/7. I'm an old Corps Hollywood Marine (that's an inside Marine joke about the difference between boot camp in Parris Island or San Diego.) The boots in Parris Island claimed they had it rougher because they had swamps. The Hollywood Marines had mountains. I would rather walk in water than climb mountains so I disagree. I entered the Marine Corps on August 10, 1966. Marines had been in Vietnam for over a year. All of us would probably go to Nam. For some of us it woul