Skip to main content

I Review Sharknado 2

It was enough to make your head explode.


Sharknado 2

I never saw the first movie, but I fell for the hype on Sharknado 2 for SyFy on demand. I didn't really fall for the hype. My wife got home from work late, the news was nothing to cheer about, and we thought something that could be funny would brighten the day.

We were wrong. It could have been funny, but it was so bad, outside the action in opening aircraft scene where sharks crashed into a passenger jet at 30,000 feet. The sharks didn't seem concerned that they were spinning in -50 temperatures out of water. All they wanted to do was eat people.

I didn't know who most of the characters were in the movie, and I didn't care. Tara Reid looked as if she was on narcotics the entire time. She had this blank look as she mouthed her lines, which made no sense anyway. To show you how ridiculous it was; Tara is blown out of the plane but hangs on with one hand. Forget the plane is going 500 mph. A sky cop hands her a gun, because he can't walk in the wind and must crawl, and she shoots a shark flying at her as it bites off her hand. She still hangs on. The plane lands in New York with wheels up after the pilot and co-pilot are eaten by sharks, and the lead male character lands the plane.

Then, a storm hits New York with a tornado full of sharks, and I really began to lose interest from there. SyFy On Demand has the fast forward function eaten by sharks so you have to watch commercials and you can't fast forward them. The first 19 minutes was commercial free.

"Maybe they won't have commercials," I told Dorothy.
"They will," she said."

And she was right. After the first 19 minutes, the commercials (lasting five minutes) came every five or ten minutes for the rest of the two hour time span movie plus commercials. The only way to not see commercials was to hit the button that moves everything forward for five or ten minutes. Then, you could reverse to the point where the last commercial stopped. 

I got tired of doing that so we missed a lot of the movie. Either that or I fell asleep. I kept asking what happened to this person or that person. Dorothy didn't know, and neither of us cared. The script was horrible. We ended up watching reruns of Two And A Half Men.

This movie comes with a caution:

Warning: This movie is so bad it will make your head explode.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vietnam: The Liberty Bridge

(This entry has had a lot of comments, and I'm glad it can help bring Nam vets together or to help find each other. If you have a comment, please attach your name to the comment or from this point forward it won't be published. I've received many comments that are phony and obviously made up, submitted by anonymous submission. I do screen all comments. Click the photo to enlarge. Semper Fi.) This is the Liberty Bridge (click to make larger) in Quang Nam Province in Vietnam during July of 1968. Of the 14,000 Marines killed in Vietnam, 10,000 were killed in Quang Nam Province. (Figures in comment section show a little under 7000 KIA in Quang Nam.) This was late in my tour on July 2. The bridge had been blown once again by the enemy to isolate the Marine base at An Hoa. I was a 50 caliber machine gunner on a convoy to resupply the An Hoa Firebase. I called this the River Styx because it had a ferry boat. Once you crossed the river you entered a nightmare hell on earth cal

The Jesus Moth

Photo taken through a window screen. I had just gone over the first print copy of The Bad Season on July 22, 2006. I walked over to the window and saw this moth on my outside air conditioner unit. It was the most bizarre thing I had seen in a long time. I retrieved my digital camera and snapped a picture through the glass and the window screen before going outside in a failed to attempt to capture the moth. I contacted a moth expert. He told me what kind of moth it was, but added that he had never seen one with a cross on its back like this one. I call it the Jesus Moth, the Crusader Moth, or maybe the Infidel Moth. The syndicates wanted me to give it to them for free. They said they don't take pics from non-employees because "we would actually have to pay you for it."   Hmm, what a novel concept, getting paid for something. I offered to swap for a syndicated story about my book. They refused. So I copyrighted the entire pic (the one below is a fragment from that p

The Old Corps: Marine Corps Boot Camp 1966

BLT 1/3 USMC 1967 Vietnam Boot Camp Hell I recently saw a video of what I assume was the current Marine Corps Boot Camp. It mentioned recruits reporting any abuse right away and the DI was trying to be tough (and he did sound tough to an extent), but underneath it all you could tell the old Corps was gone in the civilian desire (political desire by people who never served) to make things easier and less traumatic for the boots. They never mentioned abuse to us in 1966 because we were abused 24/7. I'm an old Corps Hollywood Marine (that's an inside Marine joke about the difference between boot camp in Parris Island or San Diego.) The boots in Parris Island claimed they had it rougher because they had swamps. The Hollywood Marines had mountains. I would rather walk in water than climb mountains so I disagree. I entered the Marine Corps on August 10, 1966. Marines had been in Vietnam for over a year. All of us would probably go to Nam. For some of us it woul